GRANTS FROM THE FOUNDATION FOR APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS
(Stiftelsen för Tillämpad Termodynamik, STT)
The Foundation will act for its main purpose by granting scholarships and other grants to individual researchers; mainly researchers or research students working with modelling, development or applications of thermodynamic calculations within the fields of materials, energy, physics or chemistry. Purposes, which benefit these fields within KTH, should be given priority. Grants will especially be given for carrying out research projects, taking part in conferences and visits and for financing guest researchers. The application should not be longer than two pages, clearly indicating:
- Purpose with the application (i.e. what will the grant be used for)
- Tentative budget including travel cost, accommodation and conference fees
- Bank details (Name and address of the receiver, BIC (Bank Identifier Code) and IBAN (International Bank Account Number))
- CV or résumé (maximum two pages), clearly indicating affiliation and present position of the applicant (and name of supervisor if applicable).
The grant shall be spent within the period 1st of April 2019 to 31st of March 2020, and a written report shall be submitted to the Foundation.
Applications shall have reached the Foundation no later than 31st of January 2019 and will be considered at a meeting in March.
Applications can only be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
LARRY KAUFMAN AND Y. AUSTIN CHANG-PANDAT SCHOLARSHIPS
CALPHAD, Inc. will offer up to ten Larry Kaufman Scholarships to students who will give presentations at the CALPHAD meeting. Additionally, we are pleased to announce that CompuTherm will offer two Y. Austin Chang-Pandat Scholarships. Both scholarships will cover the registration fee for the CALPHAD meeting and accommodation (in double room). In order to apply, the following documents in PDF format must be submitted by February 16, 2019 by e-mail at email@example.com. Subject line should be: Kaufman and Chang-PANDAT Scholarships
- A contributed abstract to the CALPHAD meeting (note that it should also be submitted following the abstract submission procedure).
- An application letter explaining their motivation (one page maximum).
- A brief biographical note (one page maximum).
- A support letter from the thesis advisor (one page maximum).
The following corporate sponsors are acknowledged:
Thermo Cal Software, Pandat, FactSage, Hermefact, Horiba, SGTE, Micress, GBC, MatCal, Thermo Fisher.